We are searching for the Senior Manager position of Manager, Ancient Cedars Spa. This position is responsible for the overall operations of Ancient Cedars Spa with the assistance of the Assistant Manager and Spa Supervisor. This position requires a 3 year commitment.
- Be true to the mission statements of the Inn. Constantly ensure that the “5 C” standards of Relais & Chateaux, the AAA standards and Wickaninnish service philosophies are followed,
- Lead by example and be a pro-active member of the Senior Management Team and Ancient Cedars Spa Leadership Team,
- Be responsible and accountable for the actions of Ancient Cedars Spa team members; work as a “hands on manager” assisting the team as they strive to meet and exceed guest expectations,
- Create a positive atmosphere for learning and development for the Ancient Cedars Spa team members,
- Be responsible for the overall cleanliness and physical condition of Ancient Cedars Spa, including, but not limited to, working space, storage space, and equipment,
- Have an active role in the Health and Safety program within the Spa;
- Be the contact person for guests who may require immediate assistance from the Manager, Ancient Cedars Spa, and/or follow up with guest concerns as necessary,
- Administer Human Resources related tasks within the department, including, but not limited to, scheduling, submitting payroll, interviewing, hiring, performance management, reviews, etc…) for members of the Spa Leadership team, coordinators, practitioners, yoga instructors, and attendants,
- Create, monitor, and be accountable for the annual budget for Ancient Cedars Spa,
- Monitor the retail program within the spa; provide training and ongoing feedback to practitioners, as well as performance management discussions with practitioners related to their retail sales performance,
- Work at the reception desk and cover treatments wherever required,
- Complete all administrative responsibilities required to maintain the smooth operation of Ancient Cedars Spa,
- Attend weekly Management meetings and relay necessary information to the spa team.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations are the minimum expectation for all Wickaninnish staff and managers,
- Superior Human Resources, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required,
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem solving skills are required,
- Must possess the desire to lead a world-class spa team,
- Must be have knowledge and/or be comfortable with standard operating financial statements, as well as the budgeting process, and effective cost management.
- Working knowledge of Pro Salon, Epitome, Inn Control, Microsoft Word and Excel, Maximizer, and File Maker Pro are assets,
- Must enjoy shift work and be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays,
- Previous experience as a Massage Practitioner is an asset,
- Above average knowledge and familiarity with Comfort Zone, Sea Flora, Jane Iredale, Intelligent Nutrients and Aveda products and services,
- Minimum 4 years management experience in a high-end, full service luxury facility is necessary,
- Ability to make 3 year commitment to position.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent tojobs [at] wickinn.com (subject: job%20application%20via%20www.wickinn.com) ( jobs_AT_wickinn.com)
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.