AM SOUS CHEF
We are currently accepting applications for the position of AM Sous Chef within the Kitchen at the Wickaninnish Inn.
The Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and maintain the highest level of culinary excellence. Duties include, but are not limited to, production, presentation, supervising staff, training, mentoring, ordering and inventory. Sous Chefs will also participate in menu planning, act as a liaison between the Executive Chef and the kitchen brigade and be responsible for maintaining a safe, sanitary and healthy working environment. The Sous Chef will assume supervision of staff and additional duties in absence of the Executive Chef and/or fellow Sous Chef. Sous Chefs must be proficient in a fast-paced fine dining establishment.
Duties to include:
- Assist Chef and fellow Sous Chefs in daily operations of Culinary program
- Personally uphold and ensure the brigade maintains the highest level of culinary excellence, adhering to all procedures and protocols
- Personally uphold and ensure the brigade upholds the highest level of safety and commercial hygiene
- Staff supervision, training and development, human resources
- Ordering and Inventory
- Participate in menu planning
- Assume management of Culinary operations in the absence of Chef
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Exceptional attention to detail and focus
- Must thrive in a fast paced working environment
- Be a team player and have leadership abilities
- Possess a calm demeanor but have a sense of urgency as required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven leadership abilities
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- Must be creative and innovative yet able to adjust style to suite guest’s specific needs and request
- Must be familiar with current Culinary and F&B trends, innovations and techniques including but not limited to keeping your education and knowledge base relevant.
- Journeyman/Red Seal Certification an asset
- Previous fine dining establishment experience, an asset
- Be knowledgeable and capable to meet and exceed Relais Chateaux and AAA 4 Diamond standards
- Ability to make a 2 year commitment to the position.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to jobs [at] wickinn.com (subject: job%20application%20via%20www.wickinn.com)
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.