We are currently accepting applications for the position of Restaurant Manager within The Pointe Restaurant Leadership Team at the Wickaninnish Inn.
- Be true to the mission statements of the Inn. Constantly ensure that the “5 C” standards of Relais & Chateaux, the AAA standards and Wickaninnish service philosophies are followed.
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations are the minimum expectation for all Wickaninnish Staff and Managers.
- Lead by example and be a pro-active member of the Wickaninnish Inn Leadership Team.
- Must be responsible and accountable for the actions of the Food & Beverage Service team members. Work as a “hands on manager” leading the team as they strive to meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Be the contact person for all guests who may be requiring immediate assistance from the manager of the Pointe Restaurant, and/or follow up with guest concerns as necessary.
- Participate in all Human Resources functions within the Food & Beverage Service department.
- Responsible to create a positive atmosphere for learning and development for the Food & Beverage Service team members.
- Participate in the creation, implement, monitor and continually improve systems designed to organize and control the efficient flow of guests, staff, food & other supplies through the Pointe Restaurant, On the Rocks Lounge, Driftwood Lounge, Room Service, Catering/Banquets and special community events.
- Participate in the creation and achievement of the annual budget for the Pointe Restaurant, On the Rocks Lounge, Driftwood Lounge, and Room Service.
- Be responsible for the overall cleanliness and physical condition of The Pointe Restaurant, On the Rocks Lounge, Driftwood Lounge, Room Service, and all departmental storage areas.
- Complete all assigned administrative responsibilities required to maintain the smooth operation of the Food & Beverage Service department.
- Keep all Inn guests and staff safe and free from harm.
- Be familiar with the Position Descriptions & responsibilities of the Director of Food & Beverage, and in their absence, be responsible for their duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations are the minimum expectation for all Wickaninnish staff and managers.
- Must possess the ability and desire to lead a world-class Food & Beverage Service team.
- Excellent Human Resources skills are required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ management or supervisory experience in a high-end, full service luxury food service facility or fine dining restaurant.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem solving skills are necessary.
- Experience with standard operating financial statements, scheduling and effective cost management and budgeting.
- Experience with Squirrel, and Open table are required. Working knowledge of Filemaker Pro, Epitome, Maestro, Word, Publisher, Excel, Optimum Control would be an asset.
- Ability to pass The Pointe Restaurant Wine Exam. Sommelier certification an asset.
- Must enjoy shift work and be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have current Food Safe and Serving It Right certificates licensee (less than 5 years old).
- Ability to make a commitment of 3 years to the position.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to jobs [at] wickinn.com (subject: job%20application%20via%20www.wickinn.com) (jobs_AT_wickinn.com)
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.