We are currently accepting applications for the full-time permanent position of Reservations Supervisor within the Front Office Department at the Wickaninnish Inn.
The Reservations Supervisor is the primary contact for all room reservations for the Wickaninnish Inn. Responsibilities include; overseeing the reservations team by guiding and supporting them, telephone sales, system entry of reservations, monitoring of overall room inventory, ongoing checks for accuracy and yield management recommendations, training of new staff, participate in the creation of top line budget. The Reservations Supervisor is the primary contact for Wholesalers, including managing contracts, invoicing and booking of reservations, in addition to managing the online booking systems. In addition, clerical duties such as maintenance of reservation files and day to day operational paperwork are required. The Reservations Supervisor at the Wickaninnish Inn will also be expected to assist on the Guest Reception desk in the capacity of a Front Office Supervisor whenever necessary.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- A calm and capable demeanour
- Proven sound judgment and proactive and creative problem solving skills
- A strong aptitude for attention to detail
- The ability to manage a large workload and multi task in a high pressure environment
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A professionally groomed appearance
- A positive and pro-active attitude, ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to train, develop and motivate new Front Office team members
- Previous Reservations or Group Coordinator experience
- Working knowledge of Maestro, File Maker Pro, Online systems (e.g. Synxis), Pro Salon, Word and Excel an asset
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the Front Office Department and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole
- Ability to make a commitment of 24 months to this position as it is an integral member of the Front Office Leadership Team.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to email@example.com
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.