Last updated: June 20, 2018
Wickaninnish Inn Ltd. ("us", "we", or "our") operates www.wickinn.com and www.thepointerestaurant.ca (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this standard.
Information Collection & Use
While using our Site to request more information or apply for employment, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name ("Personal Information").
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze site traffic.
With your specific permission, we may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that is relevant to an upcoming reservation.
What are cookies?
Cookies are used to make this website work and to enhance your experience. A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser.
Any persistent cookie that is unique to the device because of its attributes or stored values fits the criteria for personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We therefore need to justify the use of these types of cookies on the legal grounds set out in Article 6 of the GDPR.
Types of Cookies this website uses
We use the following types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistic cookies help website owners understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user.
Legal grounds for their use
We are relying on the following legal grounds:
- Necessary cookies: these do not meet the criteria for personal data under the GDPR and therefore we do not require a legal ground for their use.
- Preference cookies: these can be justified by either Art 6(1)(b) or Art 6(1)(f).
- Statistics cookies: these can be justified by either Art 6(1)(b) or Art 6(1)(f).
- Marketing cookies: we will rely on obtaining the user’s consent (Art 6(1)(a)). If the user does not consent to the use of these cookies, these cookies will not be used.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we follow best practices guidelines and strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.