are responsible for operating industrial wash & dry machines, laundering and folding guest room, spa, restaurant, and banquet linen and terry, as well as employee uniforms and other items as required. Laundry Attendants work from 7:00am to 3:30pm or 3:00pm to 11:30pm rotational shift work.
- Be the primary contact for the Housekeeping Department and handle all incoming telephone calls, outgoing pages and the logging of pertinent information as required.
- Be one of the front-line contacts for guests requiring Housekeeping assistance
- Act as the receiver for the Wickaninnish Inn and verify all incoming deliveries, log information and communicate with the appropriate departments.
- Participate in regular inventories, fabric care and repair and general laundry room cleaning
- A desire to be part of a world-class Housekeeping/Guest Service Team.
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment and the possession of creative problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are needed. Full command of the English language is required.
- Must enjoy working evenings and weekends.
- A professionally groomed appearance.
- A positive and pro-active attitude.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a full-service hotel an asset.
- Ability to make a commitment of 1 year to the position
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to jobs [at] wickinn.com.
By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.