Laundry Attendants are responsible to operate industrial wash & dry machines, launder and fold guest room linen and terry, spa linen and terry, restaurant & banquet linen, employee uniforms and other items as required. The Laundry Attendant can work morning or evening shifts.
- Be the primary contact for the Housekeeping Department and handle all incoming telephone calls, outgoing pages and the logging of pertinent information as required.
- Act as the receiver for the Wickaninnish Inn and verify all incoming deliveries, log information and communicate with the appropriate departments.
- Participate in regular inventories, fabric care and repair and general laundry room cleaning
- A professionally groomed appearance.
- A positive and pro-active attitude.
- A calm and capable demeanor.
- Keep work area clean, tidy and fully stocked.
- Ability to make a commitment of 1 year to the position.
- Must possess the desire to be part of a world-class Housekeeping/Guest Service Team.
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations are the minimum expectations for all Wickaninnish Inn employees.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment and creative problem solving skills are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are needed. Full command of the English language is required.
- Must enjoy working evenings and weekends.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a full service hotel an asset.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $15 per hour + Financial Commitment Incentive
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to jobs [at] wickinn.com (subject: job%20application%20via%20www.wickinn.com) (jobs_AT_wickinn.com)
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.