Human Resources Administrator
The Wickaninnish Inn is currently accepting applications for the position of Human Resources Administrator.
- Be true to the mission statements of the Inn and constantly ensuring the “5 C” standards of Relais & Chateaux, the AAA standards and Wickaninnish service philosophies are followed;
- Lead by example and be a pro-active member of the Human Resources Team of the Wickaninnish Inn;
- Administer the group health benefits program (MSP and Empire);
- Maintain employee files and employee database and cross check with Payroll System;
- Post job vacancies on various websites as required;
- Creating and maintaining employee start-up paperwork packages;
- Create monthly reports such as Departmental HR summaries and various tracking sheets.
- Attend and participate in monthly Health & Safety meetings and assist with Worksafe BC claims;
- Assist with other Human Resources related items, such as, but not limited to, Staff Housing, creation and management of employee email, user accounts, email lists, First Aid validity and schedule, ECO validity and Service Seminar attendance lists, employee Facebook group, and liaison with Accounting on payroll related functions/deductions etc.
- Relief Accounting duties, such as, but not limited to: due backs, payroll, project reports, and other tasks as required
- Facilitate Employee Orientation in the event that the HR Manager is absent.
- Provide coverage for Departmental Meetings such as Spa, when required.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Previous Administration experience required;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required, and working knowledge of Maximizer and/or Dayforce Payroll is an asset;
- Strong Human Resources skills are required; oral and written communication skills, ability to connect with employees, and ability to follow up with employees efficiently; sound judgement
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to work autonomously are necessary; initiative
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays;
- Accounting experience or general familiarization an asset
- Ability to make 2 year commitment in this position
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to jobs [at] wickinn.com (subject: job%20application%20via%20www.wickinn.com)
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.