Although the Wickaninnish Inn has been fortunate over the years to receive many accolades and rewards, we are especially proud of our Housekeeping Department which itself is a Provincially awarded team! We are honoured to have been recognized both in 2018 and 2019 by the BC Hotel Association with a Housekeeping Excellence Award.
What can you say about Housekeeping? Yes, the bulk of the work in most Housekeeping Departments is cleaning; let’s not gloss over the fact that Room Attendants clean toilets, sinks, showers, make beds, vacuum kilometres of carpet each day and fold mountains of laundry. What makes it so fun at the Wickaninnish Inn, why is it different here, and what can you get out of the experience? Our Housekeeping Team offers an exceptionally team-orientated culture, through leadership and empowerment every employee to encouraged to seek out those moments in which they can engage with a guest and make their stay that much more memorable. The department prides itself on setting the stage for guests; one day you could be helping set a room up for a surprise birthday with balloons and twinkle lights and the next day tasked to ensure that a guest’s special pillow is in the room prior to their arrival. You are not a back of house employee, you are front and center!
The position of Houseperson is up with the birds and starts the day at 5:30am in the summer working in public areas such as the lobbies, restaurant, café and public washrooms, ensuring they are perfect in every way. Later in the morning, as the other departments and positions start their day and guests begin to emerge from the cosiness of their guestrooms, the Houseperson moves to cleaning the staff spaces, re-stocking linen closets, and the all-important task of re-filling the staff soda machine! This busy, independent position finishes their day at 2:00pm freeing them up to enjoy the rest of the day on the beautiful West Coast.
- Be a direct contact for guests requiring Housekeeping assistance, committed to ensuring the guest’s Wickaninnish Inn experience exceeds their expectations
- Embody a friendly and professional demeanour to guests, making them feel welcome and at home while at the Inn
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hallways and public areas and outlets
- Maintain the cleanliness of the public and staff washrooms, back of house areas
- Replenish consumed Private bar items including coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Must possess the desire to be part of a world-class Housekeeping Team
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations are the minimum expectations for all Wickaninnish Inn employees
- Proven self-motivation, ability to work well with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are needed. Full command of the English language is required
- Must be able to do shift work, including evenings and weekends
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Must be able to fulfill a minimum 1 year commitment to the position
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to jobs [at] wickinn.com
By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.