- Desire to assist and lead by example and be a pro-active member of the Housekeeping Leadership Team
- Must support and assist the Housekeeping Manager as they are responsible and accountable for the actions of all Housekeeping Team Members. Work as a “hands-on” supervisor, assisting the team as they strive to meet or exceed guests’ expectations
- Be the contact person for all guests or team members who may be requiring immediate assistance from the Housekeeping Supervisor, and/or follow up with guest concerns as necessary
- Participate in all Human Resource functions within the Housekeeping Department, as directed by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Contribute and assist in creating a positive atmosphere for learning & development for the Housekeeping Team Members.
- Assist in creating, implementing, monitoring and continually improving systems designed to organize and control the efficient flow of guests, team members & supplies through the Housekeeping Department.
- Participate in the creation and achievement of the annual budget for the Housekeeping Department, as directed by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Be responsible for the overall cleanliness and physical condition of the Housekeeping departmental and storage areas while on duty.
- Assist in the completion all assigned administrative responsibilities required to maintain the smooth operation of the Housekeeping Department.
- Be familiar with the position descriptions for the Housekeeping Manager and Assistant Manager, and in their absence complete their duties, when appropriate.
- Ensure all Housekeeping team members are properly trained in WHMIS procedures, and ensure all up to date and relevant MSDS forms are on-site, properly stored, and readily accessible to any team member who may need them.
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations
- Must possess the ability and desire to assist in leading a world-Class Housekeeping Team.
- Good Human Resources skills are required.
- Minimum 1 year management or supervisor experience in the service industry or 2 years of experience in a high-end luxury facility is necessary.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are needed.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem solving skills are necessary.
- Desire to gain knowledge of standard operating financial statements as well as the budgeting process, scheduling and effective cost management.
- Working knowledge of Maestro, Maximizer, Microsoft Word and Excel, and File Maker Pro are assets.
- Must enjoy working evenings and weekends.
- Above average sanitation knowledge is an asset. First Aid certification would also be an asset.
- Ability to commit for 2 years.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to jobs [at] wickinn.com (subject: job%20application%20via%20www.wickinn.com)
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.