The Wickaninnish Inn is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Chef Concierge.
- Responsible for day-to-day guest requests regarding travel arrangements to and from Tofino, recreation trips, recommendations of local activities/dining options, and the like.
- Responsible for establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with local suppliers (fishing, whale watching, restaurants, guides, kayaking, etc.) and out of town networks.
- Providing assistance to guests with special and unique requests of all kinds, both here in Tofino and elsewhere.
- Providing regular updates to the Valet and Guest Service Teams as changes occur to the hospitality service providers in and around our region.
- Provide leadership and support to the Valet and Guest Service Teams when necessary.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Current status as single or double key member with Les Clefs d’Or; may consider applicants who are currently working towards this status.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License as well as valid Class 4 Driver’s License or ability to obtain one within first 3 months of employment.
- Ability to transfer luggage from vehicle trunks to bell carts, ranging up to 40lbs.
- Ability to drive both standard/manual and automatic vehicles.
- Must have prior experience in a Guest Service/Concierge role.
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations.
- Excellent communication skills, organization skills, and must have keen eye for detail.
- Familiarity with services and activities offered in Tofino, Ucluelet and Vancouver Island.
- Working knowledge of Property Management Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Contact Database Software, File Maker Pro, or Pro Salon is an asset.
- Must enjoy shift work and be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the Front Office Department and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole.
- Ability to make 2 year commitment to this role.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to jobs [at] wickinn.com (subject: job%20application%20via%20www.wickinn.com) (jobs_AT_wickinn.com)
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.