Restaurant Reservations Host
- Lead by example and be a pro-active member of The Pointe Restaurant Team.
- Managing detailed restaurant reservations via the Inn's Property Management System, email, and over the phone
- Floor management including server/table section assignment to ensure a smooth pace of service
- Welcoming and seating guests
- Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux, AAA 4 & 5 Diamond and Forbes Standards
- Receive and effectively communicate room service orders from guests, and process through use of Silverware POS; assisting with delivery when necessary
- Assisting service team when necessary
- Inspect dining and serving areas and equipment; keeping the restaurant guest ready at all times
- Ensuring menus are always up to date and presentable
- Various administration tasks including, but not limited to, reservation email requests, internal correspondence, e-commerce
- Perform quality assurance checks and address guest comments and complaints
- Some duties may change due to COVID-19 regulations/standards
- Willingness to learn in a team environment while striving to exceed Relais & Chateaux, AAA 4 & 5 Diamond and Forbes Standards and be constantly challenged to grow within the restaurant team
- Previous fine dining or host/hostess experience required
- A professional attitude and an appreciation for detail
- A passion for guest service, appreciation of food & beverages and desire for continual education.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs/11.3 kgs
- Professional and positive attitude in every aspect of the position
- Consistent punctuality and dedication
- A calm, polite and composed demeanor
- Previous experience with hotel and restaurant reservations software such as Maestro and Res Diary, Silverware, an asset
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of The Pointe Restaurant and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole.
- Valid Serving It Right Certification
- Ability to maintain all COVID-19 operating regulations/standards
- A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview
- As a term of employment, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.