Assistant Special Events Manager
Join our Special Events Team as the Assistant Special Events Manager, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
The Assistant Special Events Manager is responsible for assisting the Special Events Manager with all daily functions of the Special Events Department. Together with the Special Events Manager, be the primary contacts responsible for managing the itineraries of in-house groups, departmental administration, and all aspects of special events including inventory, set-up, service, and tear-down.
- Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux, AAA 4 & 5 Diamond and Forbes Standards.
- Lead by example and be a pro-active member of the Food & Beverage Leadership Team.
- Must support and assist the Special Events Manager as they are responsible and accountable for the actions of all Special Events Team Members. Work as a hands-on Manager, assisting the team as they strive to meet or exceed guests’ expectations
- In the absence of the Special Events Manager, be the contact person for all guests or team members who may be requiring immediate assistance from the Special Events Department, and/or follow up with guest concerns as necessary, while on duty.
- Participate in all Human Resource functions within the Special Events Department, as directed by the Special Events Manager.
- Contribute and assist in creating a positive atmosphere for learning & development for the Special Events Team Members.
- Assist in creating, implementing, monitoring and continually improving systems designed to organize and control the efficient flow of guests, team members & supplies through the Special Events Department.
- Be responsible for the overall cleanliness and physical condition of the Special Events Departmental and storage areas while on duty.
- Assist in the completion of all assigned administrative responsibilities required to maintain the smooth operation of the Special Events Department.
- Keep guests and team members of the Inn safe and free from harm
- Be familiar with the position descriptions for the Special Events Manager, and in their absence complete their duties, when appropriate.
- Exemplary guest service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations.
- Must possess the ability and desire to lead a world-class Special Events team.
- Superior leadership skills.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience is required.
- Previous Banquet or Catering experience is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem solving skills are necessary.
- Must be familiar and comfortable with standard operating financial statements as well as the budgeting process, scheduling and effective cost management.
- Working knowledge of Silverware, Maestro, Res Diary, Dayforce, Microsoft Word and Excel and File Maker Pro are assets.
- Willing to maintain flexible work schedule; must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have current Serving It Right certificate, FoodSafe certificate, and valid BC Driver’s License.
- This position requires physical activity and heavy lifting; candidates must be able to meet these demands of the position.
- Ability to meet an employment commitment of 2 years
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.