Assistant Restaurant Manager
Join our Restaurant Team as an Assistant Restaurant Manager, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
The rustic elegance and breathtaking views of our food & beverage venues complement our commitment to Canadian cuisine under the leadership of Chef Carmen Ingham and our award-winning wine and spirits program at the Wickaninnish Inn. This valued position requires a passionate hospitality professional with experience in the nuances and art of service and who strives to build a professionally dedicated team offering an educated and approachable fine dining experience to our guests here on the West Coast.
- Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux, AAA 4 & 5 Diamond and Forbes Standards.
- Assist with the planning, organization, direction, control and evaluation of the operations of The Pointe Restaurant, On The Rocks Bar, Private Bar, Room Service, and Driftwood Café
- Determine the type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- HR functions including assisting with hiring, training and development, including regular employee reviews
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Control monthly inventory and weekly ordering, assisting in creating, meeting and exceeding all restaurant financial goals and helping to analyze, review, and follow up on these monthly results
- Ensuring efficient and personalized guest service including resolving complaints
- Regular team, supervisor, and food & beverage meetings, as well as covering for management meetings in the absence of the Restaurant Manager
- Previous full-scope management experience in a high-end standard driven establishment
- Passion with wine and spirits required, Sommelier (ISG/WSET 2) certification an asset
- Completion of a college or other program related to hospitality or food and beverage service management an asset
- Valid Serving It Right Certification
- Knowledge of front and back end Silverware POS system an asset
- Willingness to learn and be constantly challenged to grow with the restaurant team
- An appreciation for detail and a passion for guest service
- A professional and positive attitude in every aspect of the position
- Consistent punctuality and dedication
- A calm, polite and composed demeanor
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of The Pointe Restaurant and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole
- Ability to make a commitment of 2 years to the position
- Ability to maintain all COVID-19 operating regulations/standards
- As a term of employment, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.