Sr. Maintenance Technician
Join our Maintenance Team as a Sr. Maintenance Technician, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
This position will be responsible for a range of general maintenance duties. At times this will be a physically demanding position requiring heavy lifting and involving a wide variety of assignments, some of which will be outdoors. The candidate must be physically able to perform such tasks in any type of weather, often with short notice. The successful candidate should be well versed in Guest Service, as they will have many opportunities to be dealing with guests, either in guestrooms or in public spaces.
Starting wage is based on experience and skillset.
- Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux and AAA 4 & 5 Diamond Standards
- Be true to Our Promise, meet and exceed the service philosophies and standards of the Inn
- Daily guestroom and public space related maintenance
- On-going guestroom detailing
- Landscaping duties, general grounds work.
- Project work such as painting, carpentry and equipment maintenance
- Interior and Exterior building maintenance
- Assist in helping to maintain a schedule based program of preventative maintenance
- Equipment maintenance including bicycle fleet upkeep
- Furniture restoration and repair
- Working in the outdoors for a variety of tasks
- Some duties of this position may change due to COVID-19 operating regulations/standards
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations are the minimum expectations for all Wickaninnish employees
- A professional and groomed appearance
- A calm and capable demeanour
- A positive and proactive approach, ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Physically competent to complete strenuous tasks, ability up to lift 35lbs
- Enjoy a variety of work, including both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for gardening, landscaping, and the art of preventative maintenance
- Must enjoy working evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with HVAC including electrical circuitry, both control and primary
- Prior experience in Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Hospitality experience an asset
- Previous experience with power tools an asset
- Certifications in First Aid and Forklift/aerial work platform operation an asset
- Red Seal or Trade Certification in Refrigeration, Gas Fitting, or Electrical are assets
- Familiarity with preventative maintenance programs, Excel, FileMaker Pro, and property management programs is an asset
- Ability to maintain all COVID-19 operating regulations/standards
- Ability to make a commitment of 1 year to the position
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.