Evening Room Attendant
Join our Housekeeping Team as an Evening/PM Room Attendant, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel. The Housekeeping Team at the Wickaninnish Inn in itself is a nationally awarded team! We are so thrilled to have been named a 2021 AAA/CAA Best of Housekeeping hotel.
Yes, the bulk of the work in most Housekeeping Departments is cleaning; let’s not gloss over the fact that Room Attendants clean toilets, sinks, showers, make beds, vacuum kilometres of carpet each day and fold mountains of laundry. What is different at The Wickaninnish Inn? It’s the culture, the leadership and the empowerment given to every employee to seek out those moments where they can engage with a guest and make their stay that much more memorable. The department prides itself on setting the stage for guests; one day you could be helping set a room up for a surprise birthday with balloons and twinkle lights and the next day tasked to ensure that a guest’s special pillow is in the room prior to their arrival. You are not a back of house employee, you are front and center!
This position works between 2pm - 10pm. Wage is $19 per hour and a financial commitment incentive is available.
Please note due to COVID-19 operating regulations/standards some duties may change.
- Be one of the front line contacts for guests requiring Housekeeping assistance, committed to ensuring the guests' Wickaninnish Inn experience exceeds their expectations.
- Project a friendly and professional demeanour to guests, making them feel welcome and at home while at the Inn.
- A professionally groomed appearance.
- A positive and pro-active attitude.
- A calm and capable demeanour.
- Handle cash and gratuities with accuracy, honesty and discretion.
- Keep work area clean, tidy and fully stocked.
- Complete all necessary administrative duties so work is properly documented.
- Keep all Inn guests safe and free from harm.
- Some duties may change due to COVID-19 operating regulations/standards.
- A desire to be part of a world-class Housekeeping/Guest Service Team
- A professionally groomed appearance
- A positive and pro-active attitude
- A calm and capable demeanor
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations are the minimum expectations for all Wickaninnish Inn employees
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment and creative problem solving skills are necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are needed
- Must enjoy working evenings and weekends
- Previous experience in a full service hotel is an asset
- Ability to maintain all COVID-19 operating regulations/standards
- As a term of employment, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.