Join our Front Office Team as a Reservations Supervisor where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
We are looking for a talented and passionate individual who will bring a combination of reservations expertise and an ability to inspire, support, and lead a driven team of skilled people proud to deliver our guests a memorable, world-class experience on the West Coast of Canada.
As a Reservations Supervisor you will:
- Guide, support and oversee the Reservations Team as they strive to deliver exceptional experiences, including training of new staff, performance reviews and other Human Resource functions
- Serve as the primary contact for wholesalers, including managing contracts and invoicing
- Engage in telephone sales, system entry of reservations, yield management recommendations, and management of online booking systems
- Be the contact person for all guests or team members who may be requiring immediate assistance from the Front Office Supervisor, and/or follow up with guest concerns as necessary
- Participate in the creation and achievement of the top line budget for the Front Office department as directed by the Front Office Manager
- Perform clerical responsibilities such as maintenance of reservations files and day to day operational paperwork
- Assist on the Guest Reception Desk in the capacity of Front Office Supervisor when necessary
Our ideal candidate:
Will embody the West Coast culture while still being committed to the art of hospitality and pursuit of excellence. They will have:
- Exemplary guest service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, and a calm and capable demeanour
- Proven sound judgement and proactive and creative problem solving skills
- A strong aptitude for attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills; The ability to manage a large workload and multi task in a high pressure environment
- A professionally groomed appearance
- A positive and pro-active attitude
- Previous Reservations or Group Coordinator experience
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience an asset
- Working knowledge of Maestro, File Maker Pro, Online systems (e.g. Synxis), Pro Salon, Word and Excel an asset
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the Front Office Department and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License or equivalent
An employment duration commitment will be required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.