Join our Front Office Team as a Welcome Ambassador/Valet, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel. This position will work shifts both as a Welcome Ambassador and Valet. This position is available year-round or for a seasonal term.
The Welcome Ambassador is responsible for controlling and guiding the arrival process for guests and staff at the Inn’s entrances; ensuring only authorized guests and staff are on property, providing COVID-19 questionnaire to ensure wellness, and to coordinate with various areas of the hotel to ensure public area occupancies are maintained.
Valets work with our Chef Concierge, in assisting our guests and ensuring their experience at the Wickaninnish Inn is all it can be. Valets are responsible for greeting each and every guest upon arrival, operating our shuttle and introducing guests to the Guest Services Representative Team for Check-in.
- Exemplary guest service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations
- Clear, effective radio communication
- Ability to work AM and PM shifts
- Ability to work outdoors, standing for long periods of time
- Sound judgement and ability to work alone
- A professional and groomed appearance is required
- Must enjoy working evenings and weekends
- Be familiar with services and activities offered in Tofino, Ucluelet and Vancouver Island
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Ability to carry and transfer up to 40lbs
- Ability to drive both standard/manual and automatic vehicles
- Desire and ability to "sweat the small stuff"
- A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.