Pastry Jr. Sous Chef
Join our Culinary team as our Junior Pastry Sous Chef, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as a Forbes, AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
The Pastry Junior Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting the Pastry Chef with managing the day-to-day operations relating to Pastry and Bakery production while maintaining the highest level of culinary excellence. This position will work a combination of AM and PM shifts.
As a Pastry Jr. Sous Chef you will:
- Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux and AAA 4 & 5 Diamond and Forbes Standards.
- Be an engaged participant and leader of a team that strives for excellence and delivers the best possible culinary experience to our guests.
- Assist the Pastry Chef in all aspects of the daily operation of the Pastry Shop.
- Participate in events as directed by the Pastry Chef.
- Participate in production of menu items, staff supervision, training, mentoring, menu planning and launches, ordering and inventory and administrative tasks.
- Attend Kitchen Leadership meetings on a weekly basis, as well as other meetings as required.
- Be actively involved in development and execution of monthly departmental meetings.
- In the absence of the Pastry Chef, be the leader responsible for all items relating to the Pastry Shop.
Our ideal candidate will embody the West Coast culture, while still being committed to the art of hospitality and pursuit of excellence. They will have:
- Knowledgeable about, and capable to meet and exceed, Relais & Chateaux and AAA 4 Diamond and Forbes standards.
- Previous experience in similar position/level in a previous fine dining establishment or similar experience.
- BC Foodsafe or the equivalent.
- Ability to function with a calm and controlled demeanor in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Successfully manage special requests, dietary requirements, menu changes, be flexible with last minute requests/changes all while maintaining standards.
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the kitchen and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole.
- Ability to provide leadership, coaching and training.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Journeyman/Red Seal Certification, Cook's trade certification an asset.
- Superb time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to make a 2-year commitment in this position.
- A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview.
Salary: $51, 500.00 per year
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.