Join our Culinary team as our Pastry Chef, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
Our Culinary philosophy is ingredient driven and utilizes a bounty of seasonal products. Our in-house Pastry Department is proud to produce and prepare such items as daily artisan breads, patisserie, viennoiserie, handmade chocolate, plated desserts, cheese plates, and other seasonal creations while maintaining the highest level of culinary excellence.
Some duties may change due to COVID-19 operating regulations/standards.
- Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux and AAA 4 & 5 Diamond Standards
- Be true to Our Promise, meet and exceed the service philosophies and standards of the Inn
- Participate in and oversee menu planning, production, and presentation of items for The Pointe Restaurant, On The Rocks Bar, Driftwood Café, Special Events, and in-room amenities
- Support savoury kitchen with mise en place that involves baking and pastry techniques
- Supervising team members including scheduling, training, mentoring, and performance evaluation
- Be the liaison between The Pointe Restaurant Leadership Team and Pastry Team
- Ordering and inventory related to the Pastry Department
- Be passionate about their craft, love food, love fresh ingredients
- Team player and proven leadership abilities
- Possess a calm demeanour but have a sense of urgency as required
- Detail orientated, you DO sweat the small stuff
- Must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast paced working environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work AM shifts
- Must be creative and innovative yet able to adjust style to suite guest’s specific needs and requests
- Must be familiar with current Culinary and F&B trends, innovations and techniques including but not limited to keeping your education and knowledge base relevant.
- Well-rounded skill set with proficiency in the production and decoration of cakes, pastries, desserts, and breads.
- Journeyman/Red Seal Certification an asset
- Minimum 3 years in similar position/level in a fine dining establishment or similar experience
- Be knowledgeable about, and capable to meet and exceed Relais & Chateaux and AAA 4 Diamond standards
- Valid Food Safe Certification
- Ability to make a commitment of 2 years to the position
- As a term of employment, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.