Jr. Sous Chef
- Be part of a team that strives for excellence and is always pushing themselves, and the brigade, to deliver the best possible experience to our guests
- Assist fellow leaders in all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen while maintaining highest level of culinary excellence
- Act as a liaison between the Executive Chef and the kitchen brigade and assist with maintain a safe, sanitary and healthy work environment for all staff
- Participate in banquet events as needed
- Production, presentation, supervising staff, training, mentoring, ordering and inventory, etc.
- Participate in menu planning and menu launch
- Assume supervision of staff, daily operations and additional duties as required
- Attend Black Pant meetings on a weekly basis, as well as other meetings as required
- Be actively involved in development and execution of monthly departmental meetings
- Be knowledgeable about, and capable to meet and exceed, Relais & Chateaux and AAA 4 & 5 Diamond standards
- Be true to Our Promise, meet and exceed the service philosophies and standards of the Inn
- Minimum 3-5 years in similar position/level in a previous fine dining establishment or similar experience;
- BC FOODSAFE or equivalent;
- Ability to function with a calm and controlled demeanor during stressful, busy and fast paced times - able to deal with special requests, dietary requirements, menu changes and the like at the last minute while ensuring the highest level of food quality and service to our guests
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the kitchen and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole
- Ability to provide leadership, coaching and training
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Journeyman/Red Seal Certification, Cook's trade certification an asset
- Superb time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to make a 2 year commitment in this position
- As a term of employment, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.