In every dish the ingredients exist to complement and balance the flavor profile. So it is within a Culinary Brigade. We are looking for a leader who carefully balances the greatness of their culinary chops with their ability to inspire, support and lead a team who are proud to be executing world-class memorable dining experiences from a Relais & Chateaux Inn on the West Coast of Canada.
As an Executive Chef you will:
- Inspire – teach them how to do it
- Support – listen, be visible and present
- Lead – repeat steps 1 - 2
- Meet and strive to exceed Relais & Chateaux, AAA 4 & 5 Diamond and Forbes Standards
- Be responsible for all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen, ensuring the highest level of culinary excellence
- Be active in creation and oversee menu planning, production and presentation of items for The Pointe Restaurant, On the Rocks Bar, Driftwood Café, Special Events, and Room Service
- Push the paper; scheduling, payroll, budgeting, training and development, performance evaluations
- Make sure your team has the tools and products they need to be successful: ordering, inventory, equipment and maintenance of a safe, sanitary, and healthy working environment
Our Ideal Candidate:
Will embody the West Coast culture while still being committed to the art of hospitality and pursuit of excellence. They will have:
- Exemplary guest service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations
- Endless passion about their craft, love food and love of fresh ingredients!
- Previous experience in a similar position in a fine dining establishment or similar establishment
- Proven demonstrated leadership
- A professional demeanor, in all aspects of communication and composure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high pressure fast moving environment
- A positive and proactive approach and an ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Creative and innovative, yet able to adjust style to suit specific guest requests
- A finger on the pulse of current culinary and F&B trends, and techniques, and a commitment to continual education and expanding their knowledge base.
- A Journeyman/Red Seal Certification an asset
- Valid FoodSafe Certification
- A desire to contribute exciting and creative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the Kitchen and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole as a member of the Senior Management Team
- As a term of employment, all team members must have a minimum of one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and if not fully vaccinated, be committed to receiving their second dose within 6 weeks of being hired. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Vacations typically available in January during the Inn’s Annual Closure period, additional vacation times may be requested in our Off-season and shoulder months.
- Ability to make a commitment of 3 years to the position
Competitive team member benefits including medical, health & wellness assistance, on-site privileges, team events, subsidized long-term housing, and travel benefits. Support in participating in Relais & Chateaux Chef events.
How to Apply:
To apply for this career opportunity, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume with a letter of intent. By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.