The Wickaninnish Inn is located in Tofino on Vancouver Island, off of Canada's west coast, west of the city of Vancouver and northwest of Seattle. As we are in a remote location, we highly recommend purchasing travel interruption insurance for any unanticipated changes or cancellations you might encounter.
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." - Beverly Sills
- Connections are available to the Comox Valley and Nanaimo Airports for select flights from the U.S. and within Canada.
- Regular flights to Tofino Long Beach Airport are available from Vancouver year-round
- Seasonal flights are available from Victoria.
- Charter flights are available from Seattle.
For driving directions once you have arrived on Vancouver Island, see the helpful links below.
Tofino by Car
The Horseshoe Bay terminal is north of Vancouver and this ferry route takes just under two hours to the Departure Bay terminal in Nanaimo. The Tsawwassen terminal is south of the city, and takes just a little over two hours arriving at the Duke Point terminal just about 15 minutes south of Nanaimo. Once you have arrived on Vancouver Island from the mainland, your journey begins...
Whether driving or taking a bus, the road from Nanaimo is one of the most spectacular in the world. You will pass through the towering old-growth forests of Cathedral Grove, the township of Port Alberni, majestic Sutton Pass, and through Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
Route 4/Pacific Rim Highway is a designated Winter Tire & Chain-up Route, making M&S-rated tires mandatory for all vehicles, and chains mandatory for commercial vehicles from October 1 until March 31. For more information, please visit the Ministry of Transportation's website.
Please note advance ferry reservations are highly recommended on all routes during weekends, US and Canadian holiday weekends and summer months. BC Ferries requires passengers to have a non-medical face mask for boarding.
Finding the Inn
Once you have driven across Vancouver Island to the Tofino/Ucluelet junction, you are 28km (17 miles) away from the Inn. While driving straight through the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, do not turn left at the sign for Wickaninnish Beach or Wick Road, but continue driving towards Tofino. The Inn is 4.8km or 2.5mi before the town of Tofino.
- Pass Chesterman Beach Road on your left
- Take your next left turn at the Wickaninnish Inn sign onto Lynn Road
- Approximately 250 yards down Lynn Road, take the right fork onto Osprey Lane
- Continue for 300 yards until you reach the Inn and Chesterman Beach
Tofino by Air
There is a range of air travel options that service Tofino. Whether you are flying from Victoria, or departing from terminals in Vancouver or Seattle, there are flights to Tofino.
- Floatplanes or fixed-wing aircraft depart from Vancouver and Victoria via Pacific Coastal, Tofino Air, and Harbour Air
- Tofino is serviced from Seattle by Kenmore Air
- For the ultimate travel experience, heli-charters are available through Tofino-based Atleo Air, or Vancouver-based Sky Helicopters
Round-trip shuttle services to the Wickaninnish Inn are available from the Tofino Long Beach Airport through most airlines, but as taxi services within the Tofino area can be limited, we highly recommend renting a vehicle at the airport through Budget Car and Truck Rental. Inn shuttle services are not available between the Tofino Long Beach Airport and the Wickaninnish Inn; this service is provided by Pacific Rim Navigators. If you've flown to Tofino and are not renting a car, please see Tofino Transportation Options for ways to get around once on-site.
Travel Info & Updates
Travel Alert for Drivers
Please see the Government of BC website or the Kennedy Hill Project Facebook page for updates and advisories regarding construction delays on Highway 4 until end of Summer 2021.
The Inn has one CS-100 electric vehicle charger and one Tesla-specific charger on the property reserved for Electric Vehicles.