10 Ways to Woo Your Valentine at the Wickaninnish Inn
(Tofino, BC) Love is in the air at the Wickaninnish Inn this February. Now, with the West Coast Romance Package, there’s never been a better time to spoil your Valentine at the Inn.
But that’s just one of the 10 most romantic reasons to visit the Inn right now . . .
1. Sip romance in a glass. Pull up a seat at On the Rocks bar and let one of the talented bartenders lead lovers through a cocktail experience, crafted individually for each couple.
2. Feast on the food of love. Couples savour the fine cuisine and spectacular views from The Pointe Restaurant while dining on award-winning cuisine paired with wines from one of Canada’s most extraordinary cellars. Hint: This might just be the perfect place to pop the question.
3. Dine à deux. The team from The Pointe Restaurant would be delighted to deliver a gourmet feast to the privacy of the guestroom or suite, where a happy twosome dine in comfort with a front row seat to the ocean view.
4. Walk the talk. Hand-holding pairs can enjoy a romantic stroll along wave-tossed Chesterman Beach (2.5km) right in front of the Inn, where there are never any crowds to spoil the mood. Alternatively, walkingers can plan an escape to the peace and quiet of the 100 acres of old growth temperate forest that surrounds the Inn.
5. Take shelter from the storm. Winds howl and waves crash on the shore below, but what does that matter when snuggling in front of a private fireplace in a deluxe guestroom or suite?
6. Make a splash. Light the candles, pour the bubbly and slip into a double soaker bathtub, each with a guaranteed view of the Pacific Ocean.
7. Achieve blissful relaxation at the Ancient Cedars Spa. Guests awaken all the senses with the First Nations-inspired “Hishuk Ish Tsawalk” treatment or slip into the rhythms of the ocean with the West Coast Sacred Sea experience.
8. And then to bed. The gentle lullaby of waves on the shore, the warmth of the fire, the soothing tunes of Michael Bublé on the in-room Bose sound system, the custom-made feather beds – all will guarantee the best night’s sleep one will ever have. Unless, of course, sleeping is not in the plans.
9. Make it official. The Wick is renowned as a destination for the most romantic weddings and elopements. The Wick team, headed up by the Elopement Coordinator, will arrange everything needed, from license to flowers, cakes to photography.
10. West Coast Romance Package. Whether just beginning a romance or celebrating decades of togetherness, couples will be sure to fall in love at the Wick – with each other, of course, but also with the beauty of Vancouver Island’s West Coast and with this remarkable Inn. The discreet and attentive staff will create an unforgettable getaway with this special package, only available in February.
The package includes:
• Two nights’ accommodation for two in your preferred room type, with $40 off regular room rates (excludes Valentine’s Day weekend, February 14 through 16);
• A hot breakfast for two delivered to the guestroom or enjoyed in The Pointe Restaurant each morning of the stay;
• Bottle of Moët & Chandon Champagne upon arrival;
• One romantic turndown, setting the most memorable of moods for an evening in;
• A special Wickaninnish Inn keepsake to take home;
• Complimentary wireless Internet and valet parking.
The 2-night package with deluxe room accommodations starts at $914, based on double occupancy
Romantics should call the team at the Wickaninnish Inn at 1.800.333.4604, or go on-line at www.wickinn.com to reserve!
About the Wickaninnish Inn: The iconic Wickaninnish Inn, overlooking Chesterman Beach on the rugged west coast of Vancouver Island near Tofino, is a year-round destination exemplifying “rustic elegance on nature’s edge.” A Relais & Châteaux member property since 1997, the Inn is owned and managed by the McDiarmid family of Tofino, and is exclusively located on beautiful Chesterman Beach.
Each one of the 75 oceanfront guest rooms and suites is designed to AAA/CAA Five Diamond standards, welcoming guests with a beach or ocean viewscape, gas fireplace, soaker tub, local art, and an individual balcony. The Wickaninnish Inn is home to The Pointe Restaurant, showcasing 240-degree Pacific Ocean views and an innovative culinary program, and the award-winning Ancient Cedars Spa.
For media inquiries, photographs or interviews, please contact:
Jane Ince | Public & Media Relations
604-987-6047 | jane [at] wickinn [dot] com (jane AT wickinn.com)